The system will automatically assign a license (assuming one is available) to a Sage CRM user when they connect from one of the Toolbar controls.
Manual User Management
- To manage the Accelerator users click on the "User management" tab.
- There is a button on the right hand side of the screen called "Add Accelerator User"
- Click on this button.
- Select a User from user select
- Click "Save"
- The Accelerator users are listed.
- When the license number has been exceeded the "Add Accelerator User" button no longer appears.
- Users can be deleted from the Accelerator user list by clicking the "Delete Accelerator User" link in the grid.
- CRM Users must have web-service access set to True in CRM for the outlook integration
Within Sage CRM a user logging into CRM via a browser and CRM via a web service count as 2 users (within the concurrent setup). With the Outlook integration this method used is via CRM's web service. This can present a problem with a single user taking up 2 of the concurrent licenses.
The solution for this is
- Users set their "Integrated Access" "User Name" to be "x"
- Users to log on to CRM via IE (it must be via IE)
- Users then start Outlook.
Accelerator will pick up the Authentication SID from the CRM IE session and use that to communicate with CRM.
Active Directory Integration
Sage's own web-services do NOT use the active directory logon information/authentication.
As Accelerator uses the CRM web services API to log on to CRM and get a valid session for the user you have to maintain and use the password stored in CRM (and not the users Active directory password).