If you have been using the "Classic" Outlook client there are some things to know before you upgrade.
- CRM Together will support both the classic and new clients for the next year which will be July 2022.
- The new client should ideally be on SSL (for the 365 API integration this is required but not for our outlook client). If using the SSL version this means that your CRM URL must be using "https". Most browsers now really push this and as security is becoming a bigger issue by the day we think all our customers and partners should get this to secure their data in transit. Please check out our blog on this on our website Securing your Sage CRM
- The new client does not have a complex settings tab. This simplifies the setup making it easier for end-users to use.
- IIS Autologin is not supported in the new client, there are no plans to support this.
- For the Outlook 365 support, Microsoft, requires that SSL is used.
- Appointments must be linked to be sent to CRM. This is related to user privacy. When sending an email the Accelerator buttons must be used so the user must make a conscious decision to file to CRM.
- Outlook Tasks are no longer linked to CRM from Accelerator. The Sage CRM exchange tool can be used for this.
- Minor server updates will be available to apply via the CRM UI making it easier for changes to be rolled out.
- The new client has a fresh new look and feel with a completely rewritten software base. The UI is not quite identical to the Sage CRM interface.
New features and changes:
A. Appointments must be linked to CRM
B. Shared Documents can be previewed before attaching to an email
C. Email templates can be previewed before selected for use
D. Email Context Search returns all matches (person, company, lead)
E. A new visual and list-based Pipeline is available for opportunities and cases (custom pipelines can be exposed e.g. ERP data
F. UI controls have been extended to include a choice of themes and font sizes
G. libr_note is not set to the email content on attachments
a. Save attachment only
b. IIS Autologon support
c. Automatic open of task pane when an email contains a tag
d. Phone screen does not display phone numbers (they are all in the task pane)
e. Tags always go at the end of the email body now (the subject is an option in the outlook add on)
f. Outlook Task linking
g. Autosave of incoming email
h. Autosave of tagged emails
i. Address Management
Scripting support is also limited (as it was before).
- screen CustomContent
- CreateScript items - caption, required,value,readonly
The install process is to download the software for a fresh install, full details at https://accelerator.crmtogether.com/index.php?title=Accelerator_Install
We "suggest" that your CRM db have Clustered indexes created on
1. comp_name (Company table)
2. emai_emailaddress (Email table)
3. lead_personemail (Lead table)
4. pers_firstname, pers_lastname (Person table)
5. oppo_description (opportunity table)
ID fields should have unique non-clustered indexes.
Other non-clustered indexes we suggest are
1. case_referenceid (cases table)
Other indexes would depend on how your set up your search to work.